Audiophile 180g Virgin Vinyl LP!
Mastered From Original Masters of Universal Music!
Pressed at Pallas!
Violinist Arthur Grumiaux, accompanied by pianist Istvan Hajdu, plays more of his best-loved encores including works by Beethoven, Kreisler, Elgar, Faure, Albeniz, Dvorak, and more for the second volume of the 2-part series.
“The good Arthur Grumiaux was in a very sentimental mood when he chose the twenty-nine works for this pair of discs. The prevailing pace is andante, the prevailing mood one of heavy sweetness… a Mozart Rondo is bright, articulate, and well planned: Granados’ Danza espanola No. 5 (Andaluza) is warm and compelling, with its minor -major cadence as magical as ever: Kreisler’s Schon Rosmarin is beguiling.” – High Fidelity
Francesco Maria Veracini (1690-1750)
Fritz Kreisler (1875-1962)
2. Rondino On A Theme Of Beethoven
3. Andantino In The Style Of Padre Martini
Edward Elgar (1857-1934)
4. La Capricieuse, Op. 17
Gabriel Faure (1845-1924)
5. Apres Un Reve, Op. 7 No. 1
Isaac Albeniz (1860-1909)
6. Tango, Op. 165, No. 2
Franz Von Vecsey (1893-1935)
7. Valse Triste
Manuel Ponce (1882-1948)
Jean Sibelius (1865-1957)
9. Nocturne, Op. 51 No. 3
Giovanni Battista Pergolesi (1710-1736)
Franz Schubert (1797-1828)
2. Serenade, D. 957 No. 4
Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart (1756-1791)
3. Minuet - From Divertimento No. 17 in D, K. 334
Robert Schumann (1810-1856)
4. Traumerei, Op. 15 No. 7
Antonin Dvorak (1841-1904)
5. Larghetto From Sonatina In G., Op. 100
Charles Gounod (1818-1893)
6. Ave Maria - Meditation Sur Le 1er Prelude De J.S. Bach
Niccolo Paganini (1782-1840)
7. Andante & Allegro Vivo E Spiritoso - From Sonata No. 12 In E Minor, Op. 3 No. 6
8. Songs My Mother Taught Me, Op. 55 No. 4
There are no reviews yet.